Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weekend Journey

The shortened work week is officially over and I am extremely excited for my trip to the Dirty Jerz! Just to give you all a little preview of the weekend ahead of me; Thursday morning ill be leaving from Cortland to head towards Edison NJ. I will get to the Underground Strength Gym by four and then will hang out w/ Zach and the crew from 4-8, training athletes, taken notes, and picking Zach’s brain. Friday from 9-4 I will be attending a combatitive athlete’s strength and conditioning seminar hosted by Zach Even Esh and Joe Smitty Smith. Zach is the owner of the Underground Strength Gym and one of my major mentors. I have never met Smitty but have followed his work for quite sometime and he has amazing knowledge in the field of Strength and Conditioning. Smitty is the originator of the Diesal Crew. Following the seminar we will spend another four hours training combatitive athletes with the tools we will be learning! This is exciting to me because it allows for a lot of hands on work, which for me, is the best way to learn. After a long day of training Friday the crew will go get a late dinner and chat about what we learned. Around 9:00P I will get in my car and drive 40 min north to a hotel in Wayne NJ. Wayne is the location of Joe Defrancos World Strongets Athlete competition and I will be in attendances watching! This is a fundraiser for MS and all proceeds will be donated to further research in the field. WTA contest has HS, College, and Pro athletes compete in strongman competitions. This will not only be great entertainment but will give me the opportunity to finally meet Joey D, as well as pro athletes such as Brian Cushing. Following the contest Sat ill hope back into the car and drive back to Syracuse so I can train bright and early Sun morning. I will be doing a video diary of my weekend so stay tuned for updates coming Sunday or Monday! O Ya, gotta give my boy Austin a shout out for this weekend as well. He is in California gettin ready to tear up the crossfit games, do your thing Austy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment