Thursday, January 6, 2011

Recovery Aid Serious

Recovery Aid Part I:Foam Rolling
I have been receiving a lot of questions of late asking about different aids that can be used to speed up recovery time. Before I get into different methods that can be used ALWAYS remember that your nutritional habits are going to be #1 when it comes to aiding recover. Would you fill a brand new 2010 Bugatti with regular unleaded fuel?



Then why would you treat your body any differently. If your not eating the necessary foods, your may be low on certain macro nutrients, slowing down the recovery process. Over the next week or so I will be doing a three part serious breaking down different recovery aids, there benefits, as well as how to use them.         A very common recovery aid used by many athletes today is a foam roller. These training tools are used for Myofascial release, helping to break down build up scar tissue. I use my foam roller many times a day and I suggest you do as well. Below is a video tutorial I put together explaining exactly how to utilize a foam roll to its fullest!



Recovery Aid Part II:Lacrosse Ball / Medicine Ball

Part 1 of this three part series I covered the benefits of using a foam roller and also included a tutorial on how to utilize these recovery aids. On top of using the foam roller for myofascial release I also like to utilize lacrosse balls and medicine balls to hit the muscles much deeper and more 3-dimensional. Below is the video tutorial on what I utilize these to balls for as far as recovery



Recovery Aid Part III:The Stick

In the first two parts of this serious I explained to you the benefits and how to use foam rollers, lacrosse balls, and med balls to help speed up recovery. This is the final part of the three part series covering THE STICK, Hope you enjoy! Also expect an article on Diet/Nutrition to aid recovery coming at you very soon.

4 comments: