Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday's Dynamic Upper Body workout

Today was going to be an off day but I was feeling good so went with it. Rarely do I like taken an entire day off from activity, but since I sprained my PCL a couple weeks ago, and it is not fully healed, I have been having many more rest days then normal. Today's workout was short and sweet since I had to get home in time for playoff football, it looked something like this;
1a) Mixed grip pull up(sub max effort)
1b) Handstand Push ups
2a) Recline Rows on rings
2b) Ring Push ups
Mixed in was 100 pull aways with resistance band
Finished up with some core work on the rings as well as with the power wheel

I took very short rest periods to keep my heart rate elevated to get some cardio involved since I am limited with my knee. The Workout only took around 20 min but I was gassed after and felt great! Remember not all workouts need to be part of your weekly schedule. Some of my best workouts are ones like today, where I wasn't planning on hitting it but my body was feeling great. Always remember listen to your body, if your feeling sluggish take an extra day off, it wont kill you!

No comments:

Post a Comment