Friday, March 5, 2010

Dan Johns Classic Top 10 Tips

Just gonna take a few minutes away from my new reading material to share a top 10 list from the book. For anyone lacking motivation or knowledge about weight training or being successful in life pick up Dan Johns Never Let Go. Im loving this book so far and it is really lighting a fire under my a*s, and I am only 79 pages in! Before I ramble on and take time away from my reading here is his Classic Top 10 Tips:
From Never Let Go by Dan John
1. Use whole-body Lifts; rarely isolate a muscle
2. Constantly strive to add weight to the bar, and move it faster
3. The best anabolic is water
4. Did you eat breakfast? If not, don't as me anything about nutrition
5. If you smoke or don't wear your seat belt, please don't tell me the quick lifts are dangerous.
6. Go Heavy, Go hard!
7. Keep it simple. Less is more
8. You have to put the bar over your head
9. Put the bar on the floor and pick it up a bunch of different ways.
10. Know and love the roots of your sports.

That is the list learn it and love it. Back to the book for me. Would you think I was crazy if I told you my favorite time of the week to read is Friday and Saturday nights? The reason for this is because I know these are the times most trainers my age are out drinking/partying trying to pick up girls. This is the exact reason in five years these trainers will be doing 1 of 2 things; not training anymore or still training at there global gym and why I will be at the top looking down at them!

No comments:

Post a Comment